SUMMER CLASSICS LIMITED RESIDENTIAL WARRANTY (Effective 4/15/2016)
A. Manufacturer’s Defects: All outdoor furniture products are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship as indicated below:
- N-Dura Resin Wicker: one (1) year resin UV Fading
- Powder Coat Finishing (all powder coated products): one (1) year on powder coated areas of frame finish
- Frame Construction (all products unless specifically notated otherwise): one (1) year frame construction
- Vinyl Wicker: one (1) year UV fading
- Component Parts (glides, bolts, wheels, hydralic lift arms, etc.): one (1) year from date of purchase
- Frame Construction: one (1) year frame construction; DOES NOT INCLUDE NATURAL WOOD CHARACTERISTICS SUCH AS SPLITTING, CHECKING OR GREYING.
Manufacturer’s defects on metal products include, but are not limited to, broken welds or product failure, including breakage or bending due to normal use. Manufacturer’s defects on wicker products include, but are not limited to, substantial unraveling and resin breakage or tearing due to normal use.
B. Finish Damage: Summer Classics’ furniture products are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from “significant oxidation” caused by manufacturer’s defect for a period of one (1) year. Summer Classics recommends washing your furniture with a mild liquid soap two (2) or three (3) times a year to ensure the resistance of oxidation. Chips are warranted to the original purchaser caused by a manufacturer’s defect for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase. All furniture products may exhibit small amounts of oxidation or chips that can be eliminated through occasional maintenance of the products.* Significant oxidation or chips are defined as those occurrences that cover an area greater than one-half inch by one inch and that reoccur after maintenance suggested by Summer Classics is performed. Normal fading or scratches from normal use are not covered by this warranty.
*Normal required maintenance procedure for finish defects consists of the following: If the frame is chipped down to the bare metal, we recommend sanding only on the affected area with 400 grit sandpaper and applying a matching color top coat. Factory-matched touch-up paint may be available from your retailer.
C. Textiles (cushions, Sunbrella®, non-Sunbrella® fabrics, sling and umbrella covers): Textiles, including but not limited to Sunbrella®, non-Sunbrella® fabrics, cushion construction, and umbrella covers are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Summer Classics recommends storing cushions inside when not in use. Cushions are not waterproof. To drain the water from cushions, unzip the cushion then turn the cushion zipper side down. Removing cores from the cushion slip is not recommended. For cleaning instructions, see cleaning guidelines on Summer Classics’ website, www.summerclassics.com. Machine drying a cushion slip (fabric) can result in shrinkage. Any alteration of a cushion will void warranty.
D. Table tops and bases: Faux and stone tops are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase, and all other table tops are warranted as set out in Section A according to their material.
*Note: Our natural stone tops are sold as free floating tops, and certain attachment methods may void this warranty. Annual sealing is required to maintain the warranty for all faux and stone table tops. Fading and scratches are not covered by this warranty.
E. Motion pieces: Motion pieces are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase. This specific warranty does not include rockers with sleds, which are covered under Section A hereof. Please note that there is a weight limit of 250 pounds associated with the motion pieces.
F. Pet beds: Not warranted due to the nature of their use.
G. Umbrella frames and bases:
- Concrete and marble umbrella bases: one (1) year frame; one (1) year finish
- Cast aluminum umbrella base: one (1) year frame • one (1) year finish
- Cast iron umbrella base: one (1) year frame • no finish warranty
- Umbrella frame: one (1) year frame • one (1) year finish
WHAT SUMMER CLASSICS WILL DO:
- Summer Classics will repair or replace any product covered by this warranty. Summer Classics reserves the right to choose between replacing and repairing a product, depending on the nature of the problem. In the event that the product is no longer available (including without limitation discontinued finishes), Summer Classics will provide a similar replacement as soon as reasonably practicable. If the replacement piece is part of complete set, only the defective product will be replaced with a similar piece and not the entire set.
- During the first year after purchase, Summer Classics will pay all freight costs associated with a valid warranty claim.
WHAT YOU MUST DO:
Call us to discuss your problem with a Summer Classics customer service representative. The representative will give you a return authorization number to expedite the processing of your warranty claim. No product can be returned without a return authorization number. A Summer Classics customer service representative can be reached at 1-877-594-9756. If the product being returned is not shipped back to Summer Classics within thirty (30) days of the replacement ship date, the return merchandise authorization will become void, and credit will not be issued. All warranty claims must be processed through Summer Classics.
In order to obtain warranty service, you must include with the defective product proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or a receipted invoice.
Packaging: Proper packaging of goods to be returned is the solely your responsibility. Return the warranted item in the original packaging or in packaging that provides comparable protection to the goods. Summer Classics is not responsible for providing packaging materials for returns. Send warranted products to the following address:
Summer Classics Sales
3140 Pelham Parkway
Pelham, AL 35124
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
Summer Classics is not responsible for structural, paint, oxidation, or other damage that is the result of:
- Abuse or misuse of a Summer Classics product;
- Wear and tear;
- Freight damage, including, without limitation, damage to furniture caused by storage of furniture upside down;
- Acts of God;
- Extreme climate conditions; or
- Scratches from use.
- Summer Classics is not liable for incidental, special, or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special, or consequential damages so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- All Summer Classics products must be inspected upon receipt. Summer Classics is not responsible for freight damage sustained either in the original shipment to you or in the return shipment for warranty service. Any such freight damage is the responsibility of the freight carrier, and you should file a freight claim.
EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN, SUMMER CLASSICS MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTIES, OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES. SUMMER CLASSICS LIMITS THE DURATION OF ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY STATE LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE DURATION OF THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY HEREIN. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THIS WARRANTY ONLY APPLIES TO SUMMER CLASSICS PRODUCTS INTENDED FOR AND USED FOR RESIDENTIAL PURPOSES ONLY.
THIS POLICY REQUIRES ACTION BY YOU WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS BEGINNING AT THE TIME THE PRODUCT IS RECEIVED BY YOU, THE CUSTOMER.
Within three (3) business days after delivery to you at the shipping address on record, all frames can be returned with shipping and handling charges paid by you. You will be charged a 50% restocking fee plus shipping and handling for all returned cushions. In the event that you are not satisfied with your purchase, please call or email Summer Classics within three (3) business days after your delivery. To return a product you must make sure that the product is in “like new condition” and is repacked in the original packaging materials. Summer Classics will schedule a pickup with you. All items repacked in the original packaging must be loaded by you on a delivery truck. The package will then be shipped to Summer Classics’ warehouse. After inspection, a refund, if warranted, will be issued for the applicable amount. If you do not notify Summer Classics within three (3) business days after the delivery of your order of a return, you must pay a 50% restocking fee and shipping and handling for all items that are returned. Please call 1-877-594-9756 if you have any questions regarding this policy.